View Single Post
Old 06-23-2005, 07:32 AM

Default H.O.R.S.E. structure question

How does the structure work in a HORSE tournament when you move from hold'em games to the stud games?

Example 1: suppose the first level is 50-100 with 25 sb and 50 bb for hold'em and omaha/8. Now you switch to Razz, Stud, Stud/8. What is the pre-card betting for Stud? Do you have the player 1 to the dealer's left put in 25 for the sb and the player 2 to the dealer's left put in 50 for the bb but both as ante's (I.e., not a bet on the first round) and then still have the lowest card do the bring-in for 25 (high card in Razz)? My thinking was what made the most sense was for the player to the dealer's left put in a blind/ante of 50 (not a bet on the first round) and then the low card do the bring-in for 25. But this may not be enough money in the pot. But I have no experience with HORSE, how is it really done?

Example 2: now say we are on level 4 which is 200-400 with a 25 ante. So in hold'em and omaha/8 each player puts in a 25 ante and the the 100-200 blinds come in. Now in stud do we do the same as in example 1 plus the ante from everyone?