View Single Post
Old 03-21-2005, 11:51 AM

Default Re: Weak tight in the $55

Geo, I think you are letting your emotions run your decision-making model here, rather than your poker logic. I am guessing that you FEAR losing your huge chip lead vs. identifying opportunities to dominate a table.

My guess is that if you had only t800 preflop, you would have pushed all your chips in the middle. Am I wrong? But since you now have such a dominant chip lead, virtually guaranteeing you an ITM finish, your feelings about losing your chips dominate your thoughts, and have clouded your judgement - or logical thought processes.

Consider the following:
What range of hands (hole cards) could villain have here? QQ or JJ? Seriously doubt it, due to his lack of aggression preflop. 88 - outside possibility, but I doubt it (there likely would have been more preflop aggression wiht a made hand like 88 out of the SB). KQ - very high probability, J8 - just as a high a probability. QJ - this might be true as well. But just as likely are QT or Q9 - semi-bluffing the inside straight draw. Either way, you most likely have the best hand right now.

Don't let your emotions cloud your judgement. This looks like a clear case where past performance (or lack there of) has affected your judgement.