Thread: Kill games
View Single Post
Old 11-30-2005, 07:02 AM

Location: seattle!!!__ too sunny to be in a cardroom....ahhh, one more hand
Default Re: Kill games (some stuff)

[ QUOTE ]
One other thing worth mentioning...I NEVER bluff in a kill pot, but I value-bet relentlessly.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's only worth mentioning if you're playing against calling stations. I find lots of spots to bluff during kill pots. At times, players new to that kind of 'higher' limit can be a little more timid and the money affects their thinking. And yes, this can go both ways.

Generally: I see how the table reacts to the kill. Many times you're getting better odds right off to limp than if the limit was normal. If the BB is posting the kill, then it's a little tighter. I'd adjust more-so to the texture of the table than just the kill price. Many times I find myself just playing normal except where I can isolate if possible.

If the killer is on my right, and he checks preflop with no one else in, I can raise alot of different hands if the table is conservative. Later the position the lower I go. It works even better when you have a very tight image. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

I remember when I played alot of kill games online. The flop rates were always consistently higher in those games. You don't necesarily tighten up with a higher flop rate.(unless it's maniacal)

Just some thoughts...

b