Thread: BCS poll
View Single Post
Old 10-18-2005, 03:33 PM

Default Re: BCS poll

[ QUOTE ]
That's why all other sports with similar differences in skill play best of 5/7 series. Even that's not enough, look at how little the best regular season baseball team wins the World Series.

[/ QUOTE ]

From what I've gathered of all major sports. Best Regular Season Record=Best Offense, Championship=Best Defense, with a good enough offense to bail you out on occasion. That why teams like NE continue to beat Indy every year and the Spurs showed the world why the Suns weren't that good last year. A great example is my Detroit Red Wings every year that have a great offense but once the playoffs role around the whole game changes and all the sudden if they get down a goal or two its over because offense can't overcome great defense in the playoffs with the same success as it seems to in the Regular Season.

However, I think the one thing we all agree on is that something needs to be done about CFB. I used to be a huge CFB fan but the rules, and the BCS, and other changes have caused the game to become much less entertaining and the bowl season is such a joke it doesn't have the same "energy" it used to. Oh and would it [censored] kill you to re-start the clock after the ball is set on a play that went out of bounds NCAA. That way maybe we could watch a game that doesn't take 4 hours.