View Single Post
Old 09-19-2005, 10:17 PM

Default Re: What do you push when shortstacked ?

As a PP$11 player myself I will offer what I think. Yes, you are being to aggressive if you are open pushing hands like JT or Qx or Kx. I believe much too aggressive.

Here's why.

Most people at the $11s are way too loose. They will call with any Ace, lots of kings, some queens and such. Especially if it is 5-6 handed, the chance someone has and will call with a hand they deem good is pretty high. So you are pushing JT or QT or something and they will call instantly with A2o or K9o and u are at best 40/60. With say 7-10 BBs with it being 5-6 handed I don't push anything less than a PP, A10s, AJo, KQ UTG. Maybe I am a bit too tight but with 7-10 BBs u have time before you are in major danger. Now from the CO or Button you can push much more possibly up to what you wrote. I still don't like to push Qx or bad Kxs but others probably do.

Now with less than say 7 BBs more is availible to push. I still don't care for pushing Qx UTG into 5 people that will call with a very wide range especially the big stack if there is one. Personally if I had a hand like Q6o UTG with 5 left to act and 6-7 BBs I fold and wait for something better. I'd rather have something like 98o in the SB or on the button that have Q6 UTG.