View Single Post
Old 02-16-2004, 03:14 AM

Default Re: PartyPoker Gestapo!

Oh I get it, if they "...fall outside of the jurisdiction of US law ... they can pretty much do what they want in accordance to the law of the country they're based in."

That is pretty much correct, yes.

"So does the law in the country they're based in give them the right to install some kind of trojan on my US based computer?"

I'm not entirely familiar with laws in various Caribbean bananna republics, save that in general they're fairly lax, and that multi-billion dollar gambling portals probably can do whatever they want. Also, what they've installed is probably more like a cookie, which various companies US based or not routinely install on your computer.

"Hmmm, I think MY computer falls INSIDE the jurisdiction of the United States of America."

Yes, but you go right ahead and try and see if you have any recourse against a foreign based company. If they have disclosed this in their EULA, your chances quickly shift from slim to none, to definitely none. Consider yourself lucky, they could've also closed your account and seized all your money, and you still couldn't do anything about it. No amount of feigned indignance is going to change this.

"What country are you from fluff?"

Not that it is any of your business, and I fail how this contributes to any of the discussion, but I live in the US.