View Single Post
Old 12-18-2005, 10:59 PM

Default Re: Duke/Lederer fantasy poker camp

I attended the camp that just passed earlier this month. There were some good points, but alot of bad points too. I have a long list of complaints, but a few of my biggest complaints would be:

1)You had to wait 45 mins to an hour at times to get into a sit an go, and then often had no pro at your table. There were not enough dealers or pros to handle the 186 campers at camp. If the camp had filled to 400 it would have been a disaster.

2) The palms raked 10% of the money from sit and go's. For example a $100 sit and go with ten players paid 1st $500, 2nd $250, 3rd $150. After having paid $3000 to be there I don't think the games should be furthur raked.

3) They didn't let the pros play in the big tournaments only the sit and go's. This was a major let down for me as well.

I must say these points are based on MY experience only, and I don't speak for anyone else. For some reason the organizers of the camp consider negative reviews to be slander.

I personally would think the camp is fine if you win an entry through a sattellite or something, but not even close to worth $3000 if you buy in directly. I think a fair price would be between $1000 to $1500, and most of that is based on the tournament payouts. Lower the payouts and the value is less.

If anyone else here has attended the camp, what is your take on it?