View Single Post
Old 11-08-2005, 02:22 PM

Default Re: AKo early in supersatellite

Judging by the previous posters I am sure to get throttled with my response! I am surprised how aggressive everyone is in this situation. I am definitely not a great player just someone trying to learn the game…

Since it is a super sat, why not fold the hand here? You have a standard raise, a caller and the two blinds yet to act behind you (we’re pre-flop). In my mind I would most likely fold since AKo is merely a drawing hand. The best you can hope for is to have both overcards be live at this point. Even if that is the case it is basically a coin flip against any underpair. Since they are not suited it practically rules out any hopes of the flush. Obviously if anyone has AA or KK you are in big trouble! Perhaps I am weak-tight?

Between the scenarios of pushing or calling I do believe pushing is the right choice. As pointed out above, although you will have the advantage of position against any caller, an underpair will likely fold against aggression on the flop if an Ace or King hits. Pushing gives your opponents a chance to fold and also assures you of seeing five cards.