View Single Post
Old 09-28-2005, 07:59 AM

Default Re: I just lost 35 BBs in an hour and I feel fine

[ QUOTE ]
I challenge anyone to claim that they are unemotional, when it comes to poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you want to be a successful long term player, you will remove emotion from the equation. If you know you are playing a long term winning style, you should be executing your play like an emotionless bot, so you are always playing your A game.

I will end with a recent quote from Krishanleong...

[ QUOTE ]
So poker skills being equal, what determines who becomes and millionaire and who keeps playing 15/30? I don't know. QM? Sure. Maybe God DOES play dice with poker, I don't know. What I do know is that this (along with continuing to learn and appreciate Zen philosophies) has helped me come to realize that results, even on an extremely broad or lengthy scale, should be meaningless to me. And I don't mean meaningless in the sense of how I view the game now. I mean in the sense of how I feel I should STRIVE to view the game. We as a group have trained ourselves to not care about 200 bet swings, about 20k hand down periods. None of that comes naturally of course, but as we learned more and more about the nature of LHE we came to accept those things as just part of the package and we learned to deal with it. In the same way, I'm attempting to continually make myself immune to results, period. Not just short-term, but long-term as well. I want to approach this game theoretically and conceptually, without the hint of any wins or losses clouding my judgement. Ridding my conscious from any and all results, period; that is the goal. I'm not there yet by a long shot, but given what I think I know about this game and the philosophy and approach I feel is best for me, my goal is to be constantly progressing toward that state.

[/ QUOTE ]