View Single Post
Old 12-20-2005, 03:03 PM

Default Re: Live mutlis, poor players, deviation, taking chances

[ QUOTE ]

EXAMPLE (b4 my big realization): One hand I raised the whole table in postion with AKo. It was a good raise to let people know I had a good hand. I did it a little expressively tossing my chips in. This guy in the SB get this "aha!" face like he realized the mystery of the universe and pushes all his chips in on a whim. Naturally my expressivness gave him an excuse to push. He wasn't short stacked so his push made no sense to me, it was 3x my raise. I thought he had a big pair like AA or KK and was prepared to fold. I took a read on him and figured out with a bit of table talk he had the middle pair. Pot was right I called (1 for 2.5 to call), he flops over 77. He wins the pot crippling me and laughs saying he already had a made hand and I was basically stupid to call because he knew I had 2 overs. My playfulness gave this guy a reason to push after I raised 5 limpers. I wouldnt take a chance with 88 after 5 limpers and a raiser.

[/ QUOTE ]
This was just bad play by you and good play by your opponent. You made the raise with a flourish. This was a strong means weak tell.He correctly read that you were trying to take down the pot with a relatively weak holding, probably AK/AQ. He figures he is ahead plus pot odds and you may fold to the limpraise. If you had given no indication you didn't want a call, he probably would have been afraid you had JJ-AA and folded his 77.