View Single Post
Old 12-20-2005, 01:47 PM

Default Re: Live mutlis, poor players, deviation, taking chances

I haven't developed a successful system like yours, but I do notice that people in <=$300 live tournaments will not fold to a reraise. I notice this because these wind up being double up, bust out, or get crippled hands. A lot of the players will not limp with junk and call raises and flop bets the way they do in low buyin online. However, they just will not fold TT or AQ or something.

I remember several hands where I will reraise or reraise allin from early position at an early position raiser with with QQ or AK or something and get called or cold called by some pp or ace. They will make some remark like they thought I was running over the table or they knew I has ace if they have a pp or they knew I had an underpair if they had an ace.

A nonsophisticated player is not going to realize that an early position reraise with shallow money from a good player means a very big hand. They seem to interpret a reraise as an attempt to steal the pot. They may not be 100% calling stations, but they don't read situations well, and just think they have a strong hand that may be good.