View Single Post
Old 12-14-2005, 10:54 PM

Default Re: Results/Thoughts/a question

My experience here has been rather mixed, and barring a read, I haven't been able to come up with a good plan of action. It seems to me pushes like this could well be bluffs with air, AT or maybe AQ. However, all too often in my experience, people seem to make this play with flopped TP killers and on this board, I would probably call it a set. People tend to have this disgusting fascination with slowplaying until the river, regardless of what is showing on the board.

For this reason, my preferred line with TP/overpairs is to bet flop and turn, draw or no draw, to extract value when all my opponent is doing is calling, but then checking behind on the river to kill an attempt at a checkraise. I've just seen way too many people push the instant they hit strength to automatically call this a bluff. I've seen someone push a 175BB stack at a 7BB pot when he rivered a set.

Pushing into weakness seems like a stupid play to us because we think about what our opponent has. Too many players don't do that and instead only think they flopped a set; they play the hand on autopilot.