View Single Post
Old 11-23-2005, 10:48 AM

Default Re: Super Tuesday Final Table Hand vs. Chip Leader

Call.

He's testing you, and his range is wide (and you may improve on the turn)

If he fires again on the turn and you don't improve you can safely fold, but having an aggro player lead out at me doesn't tell me he has me beat, it tells me hes aggro.

A call is probably the best option beacuse:

1) firiring two barrells with nothing can be tough, even for an aggro chipleader

2) if he checks the turn and you bet, two things can happen, he can raise (easy muck), or flat call and then you are to the river while being the aggressor so if he bets the river you can easily muck. If he checks the river and you have not improved, you probably have to check behind as he has called twice on a board that's not too drawish, so he probably calling here.

If you raise his flop lead and he calls, you are now in the position of either:

1) Betting the turn, which is now a much bigger bet given the size of the pot. If he calls you are probably beat and shouldn't put in more chips on the river unimproved, but now this line has cost a ton

2) Check the turn. This will look weak and he will probably fire at the river, to which you have to fold unimproved. Probably not a bad idea as you get two cards to improve, but you will certainly face a river bet and may lay down best hand.

I like a call here, especially since he didn't raise PF, and calls look scarier than raises, especially here, and are cheaper too, and may get you a free river, should you decide to take it.

Regards,
Woodguy