View Single Post
Old 11-23-2005, 07:17 AM

Default Re: Super Tuesday Final Table Hand vs. Chip Leader

I think he does this with almost any hand. He called a raise, but he could probably call a raise with any two. Now? Fold or straight up gamble and push/raise. I'd probably fold, since I'd still have 87k which is plenty for now.

That said. I would open fold the AT. Chip leader will be able to put you in this position too often while risking relatively little of his stack. You have no idea what the chip leader has. He could have T9, mid pair, top pair, a set, two pair, air..., etc. I would rather spend 22k raising with absolute trash against a better target. Pick on someone your own size. I feel risking 1/5 your stack against the far and away chip leader is not getting the most out of your stack. You're pricing yourself in to call MP and CO if they push and you'll almost always be dominated by their hands and you can't really call any other push. An option I like is open limping for value, trying to hit something. There's probably a good chance it gets folded around and if you pair up, you'll probably get some money out of an aggressive chip leader.