View Single Post
Old 12-20-2005, 08:29 PM

Default Re: AK and SNG\'s, I have alot of questions and no answers.

The major thing to keep in mind is that you have to play against your opponents. These lower buyin games can be pretty loose. I usually see a couple of all-ins in the first level or two. Stay away from all that. Just play the cards given to you early on. You'll need every chip later when you get to the bubble. When your opponents are loose, play tight, when they are tight, play aggressive.

1. Against more than 1 opponent in the early levels. Absolutely.
2. If you notice this is happening, stop the cont. bets. Try to get a read on who is a maniac or not. Early on, players could have anything. They play a lot of crap, and a crap flop might hit them.
3. I personally like to stay away from making moves early on. There's no need to get fancy.
4. If there is more than one player, check/fold, unless you have a better read. These guys will call all-ins with draws, so be careful. Save your playing for the bubble.
5. These players are fairly loose and call a lot of draws. I have more success coming over the top on the river if they haven't shown a lot of strength.

Keep in mind you are talking about just a few situations, but in general early on in the low limits, players are very loose. You'll need to stay pretty tight to beat them. I don't bet a lot early on without a monster hand. The basic strategy is to stay tight and try to double up as the favorite on the bubble.