View Single Post
Old 12-23-2005, 11:24 PM

Default Etiquette question

Earlier tonight I broke one of the cardinal rules of poker by playing when I didn't have enough time. About 20 minutes into 4 tabling $55's, my wife starts yelling from the other room that we're going to be late and that I need to get off the computer.

About 30 seconds after my "give me a minute" response, I get the "are you off, yet" and the beginning of an attitude.

So, I'm sitting at 4 tables that all have tons of poker to be played and I have to quit. I push on one with 89 and lose, re-raise somebody all-in with A6, and call 2 all-ins with trash hands. I'm sure people thought I was a nit when this happened. Then I just close everything and shut down.

This isn't the first time this has happened in my 4 years of online poker, but I never really thought about it before. Afterwards, I kind of felt bad for everybody else at the table that didn't get the benefit of my bad timing.

Should I have just clicked on the "deal me out" button? Did I give people an unfair advantage by doubling certain people up instead of giving everyone access to my chips.

btw, back in the early days of online, I got disconnected from a $10 SnG after about 4 hands and ended up finishing 3rd.