View Single Post
Old 12-13-2005, 08:18 PM

Default Re: who were behind 9/11?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Still I've always had a hard time understanding how the WTC towers 1,2 & especially 7 collapsed in they way the did (fast and on their own footprint).

[/ QUOTE ]
This is another of the conspiracy theorists' claims that I haven't understood. If it's so illogical that the buildings would collapse this way, why wouldn't the gov't rig the building to collaps on surrounding buildings and cause more damage? Obviously they aren't concerned with lives or $'s of damage since they're doing it anyway. So if they're so smart that they can rig this entire scheme to go off without a hitch, why finish it in some illogical fashion and blow their credibility? Is it totally outside the realm of possibility that what happened is naturally what would happen if a plane crashed into such a building?

Shouldn't a computer program be able to show what happened in virtual reality and be able to repeat this and adjust for the variables involved?

[/ QUOTE ]

It is very complex to simulate what would happen exactly, but basic physics says it is not very likely that a building like the WTC tower collapses in 10seconds total after structural failure. Then again, neither can I say it is 'totally outside of the realm of possibility' that what happened could have been caused by the plane crashes.

On buildings 1 & 2 that is. Which leaves the odd collapse of 7. If the fire caused it to collapse, that would be a huge enigeering failure.