View Single Post
Old 11-19-2005, 01:35 PM

Default Re: ATs against a LAG

[ QUOTE ]
It's nice to finally see people criticizing the play in this hand because I did not like it. I hope we keep talking about preflop and the river. Thank you.

[/ QUOTE ]

I see little difference between the value of a flat call and a reraise preflop, without further information about the blinds. Merely different plans of attack, enticing a multiway pot vs. isolation. Folding seems not terrible, but certainly not preferable, given your man's raising range.

Flop seems like a gimme.
Turn seems like a gimme.
River is between a bet/call of the raise and a three-bet and call cap. As previously stated, I'd generally prefer keeping the river to two bets, but that's a strongly opponent-dependent decision. What does HE think of YOU? Depending on the kinds of hands you've shown down in the past, does he think there's any chance that you'll fold for one bet on the river here? Is he a mindless brute LAG (doesn't sound like it), or is he at least something of a sophisticated player? "Sophisticated" meaning something as goofy as slowplaying kings or something to this point, in classic LAG fashion. Assuming you decide to isolate preflop rather than cold-call (I haven't got nearly enough information to talk about the latter situation,) I take the same line up until the river, where I prefer a call to a threebet. (If you came looking for a multivariable mathetmatical analysis, you came to the wrong place. Nerds. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img])