Thread: Preflop quiz
View Single Post
Old 11-30-2005, 07:23 PM

Default Re: Preflop quiz

Suppose you are in a full ring game 10 handed.

(1) It's folded to you in MP. What do you do with:
a) A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

50/50 call or raise. The 8 is on the edge of being playable for top pair value. If the players behind me are tight I am more likely to raise with this hand.

b) A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Loose game: Call. The 4 is a crappy kicker so I am playing this for multi-way action. In a tight game I fold it.

c) K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Raise. I can make top pair with a decent kicker, and if I make a flush I would prefer people with bare A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] folded preflop.

d) K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Raise. Play postflop very carefully if I get callers behind, especially in a tight game.

e) J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Call. I want to play this multiway because I don't like my kicker if I make top pair. This is much better as a straight/flush draw.

f) T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Call for same reasons as (e).

(2) You are in MP again but this time there's an EP limper. Same hands:
a) A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Loose game: Call and hope for a flushy flop.
Tight game: Fold.

b) A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Same as (a).

c) K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Depends on EP and table read. If EP limps with a lot of questionable hands I am more likely to play this one.

d) K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Fold.

e) J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Same as (a).

f) T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Same.

(3) You are on the CO and it's folded yo tou. You have:
a) 4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Fold.

b) K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Raise.

c) Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Raise.

d) J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

50/50 Raise/Fold.

e) T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Same as (d).

f) 9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Fold.