View Single Post
Old 12-20-2005, 03:12 PM

Default Re: Extracting dough when you miss

[ QUOTE ]
I may be in way over my head, I'm not a great poker player. With that said,

This line is not at all standard for me - if villain is a bad lag he will bet/call down with any piece of the board. I'd much rather raise PF and fire two barrels, check/fold river vs. this type of villain. It's great that it worked, but if he calls your river bet 1 in 3 times you're losing a lot of money. Just the two cents of a lower limit player.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, I didn't qualify bad LAG very well. What I mean by bad LAG is that he's aggresive, but not completely stupid. Definetly don't do this against a maniac. In my experience bad LAG's at these limits just like to try aggresive without being selectively aggresive, but they are also aware that someone who is playing tight and is betting into them, then they will fold a majority of the time. They just enjoy being the initator and 'bully', but when you show strength, they'll typically fold. Again, manaics and bad LAG's are quite different.

I use this line quite often actually, and sometimes with any two. It nets a solid profit. Re-raising pre-flop and then leading on a fairly blank board usually will get called down more often then this line - in my experience. Every line you think of taking need to be tailored to a specific read and feel you have for the table of course, but generally speaking, most bad LAG's get more stubbord when you try and come over the top of them, but they get confused with a call and then lead. They usually don't know what to do.