View Single Post
Old 11-08-2004, 12:53 PM

Default Top Boat vs Quads?

I am wondering if I could have played this any different here, or figured out that he had quads earlier.

$50 Pokeroom. Pretty full table, I am UTG and the BB is a very agressive, and well respected player at the table. I am sitting after him by design.

I am Dealt KKJ10 - Double Suited, and raise Pot UTG, looking maybe for a re-raise to isolate.

I get 4 calles, including the BB.

Flop comes K22 - 2 hearts.

BB Checks, I let out a bet of $4, trying to build the pot, not minding a re-raise, but trying to keep lower PPs or flush draws in.

I get 2 callers, including the BB.

Turn comes an off suit 6.

BB leads out for $10, I think he might have 6's full, so I gladly just call. Other player folds, so it's heads up heading to the river.

River is a 7 hearts, completing the flush. BB Checks to me. I figure him for the lower full house, and that he might think I'm playing the flush. So I bet out $20, hoping for a call. He re-raises all in, a move I don't think he'd make without the absolute nuts. it's another $25 for me to call into a huge pot, and I know I have top full house.

The only way I'm beat is if he has Quad 2s. I am 90% certain he does, but I call anyways, and sure enough he turns over the quads.

So my question's are 1. Could I have seen this any sooner?
2. Should I have layed down, almost certainly knowing that he had quad 2's? I even typed it in the chat before I called.
3. Should I have played this any diferently on any street in general?