Thread: 2 Book Ideas
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2005, 12:52 PM

Default Re: 2 Book Ideas

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

No offense, but after the books you have already read (SSH, HFAP etc) I find it a little strange how you are asking what books can help you advance to beat the 5/10-10/20 games [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Seems like I better write a thesis on why I need book recommendations before I will get real responses? I have a damn Amazon gift certificate and was thinking of buying a couple of poker books (to get the free shipping too)

SSH is for small stakes the loose and passive type game which is not the 5/10-10/20 (online range), HFAP is slightly more advanced and it seems to apply to mid to high stakes (slightly towards high) games. Therefore looking for another middle limit book to read (1 of the 2 books I want). So I'm thinking of King Yao or the Ciaffone middle limit book

[ QUOTE ]
Also, having read SS, TOP HOH etc. you have already covered some serious ground in the poker literature; again I find it amazing that you don't know where to go from here [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

The other book I'm looking for is NO LIMIT CASH GAMES (which SS, ToP nor HoH focuses on) I don't have much experience in those. HoH covers it a bit but more tilted towards tournament and Super System does but hes a little too LAG for beginners.

For the no limit cash book, I'm thinking of the Ciaffone Pot and No Limit, ideas?

[/ QUOTE ]

As you have over 440 posts, I'm sure you didn't need to start a new thread on this, especially as there is about a million posts on the front page already recommending Pot Limit and No Limit Poker. Also, you wouldn't have to look much further and you will find another million threads advising limit books.