View Single Post
Old 11-21-2005, 02:02 AM

Default Re: The Root of All Evil?

Hi evelovedForm,

No, by first cause I mean an omnipotent, omiscient, omnipresent entity, presumed creator of all, by definition. My objection is only to refusing to accept that the concept of such an entity as being all-loving at the same time is contradictory. Which explains, imo, a lot of the contracdictions displayed by religionists supporting such a concept. Those who believe in multiple gods fighting it out, altough not answering the question of a single origin, an somewhat displacing the problem, seem more credible and less contradictory. That may explain why it seems that atheists appear to pick specifically on some religions rather than other, as has been mooted in some other posts/thread. As I have said many times before, I have no beef with any religions. I have some friends that believe in astrology even and all sort of things (talismans, icons, gris-gris, voodoo, etc..). It's ok by me as long as they stay in their lane (as bigdaddydvo would say [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] ), which unfortunately religionist tend soon or later not to do. Hence the need, often underrated, for militancy from atheists.