View Single Post
Old 12-05-2005, 08:35 PM

Default Re: Chris Ferguson (Game theory problem)

Thank you all for the response!

[ QUOTE ]
I think it would be because now that he knows you'll be making a move X% of the time and actually have a hand that beats him X% of the time (since he knows you have two red Aces), but whether he calls or folds doesn't change your EV from the hand and he can do nothing better than guess if you're ahead of him.

I'm not sure on how to do the math on this (even though I understand it as I read in TOP) but I believe the 15% is just the number thats needed so that he can bluff in such a way that makes what I stated above true (that mathmatically the SB can not change the BB's EV on the hand without a total guess)

[/ QUOTE ]

Well I can follow this far, but I donīt see how it adds up to giving BB a positive EV... Or at least better than EV -2$ per hand. Otherwise it would be a better play to just fold preflop.

a 15% hand, (which a random hand according to the book should be) can make a large bet offering close to 1-1 odds for SB, a little less than 30% of the time, and that bet would, no matter what the choice, have EV 0 for both players.
Well what about the last 70%??? Somehow big bets on the later streets are part of the answer, but I donīt see how... [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]