View Single Post
Old 10-06-2005, 12:39 AM

Default Re: unusual hand I\'d like your feedback on

[ QUOTE ]
Don't forget the little straight. Anybody with 56 has an OESD and isn't going anywhere on the flop. BB's play is consistent with a hand like that.

Edit: I would raise the river and call a 3bet.

Preflop, I would still just raise. If BTN really is on tilt, he might be more likely to three-bet your raise (and try to isolate) than to raise your limp (and know the blinds are probably coming along)..

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a slightly loose flop call with an OESD, especially if BB is aware that Button is tilting and therefore knows that there is a decent chance that it goes more than 2 bets on the flop. Though, you're correct that 56 is possible and does fit the play pretty well -- the tilting Button adds implied odds out the wazoo, especially since the 56 hand would be pretty well concealed. I might call it on the flop if I were BB with 56. As Hero, I'd still raise the river, expecting a set more than the straight, but combinatorially, the straight is probably about as likely as a set (discounting 99 and 88 a bit since they might very well be raised pre-flop).