View Single Post
Old 07-22-2005, 04:28 AM

Default Re: Ugly Bubble situation

[ QUOTE ]
If that was your strategy, why did you deviate at the worst time from it? If you are capable to play the last hand why didn't you raise the better hands with more FE before?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think I ever had any FE before, with the possible exception of the KT hand (and maybe the 93s hand just prior to it).

[ QUOTE ]
The small stack was no threat anymore. He could have tripled up to 180 at best (which he did). He still has to post the small blind at 200 and may drop out there. So the overall survival chance for the small stack going through your last hand and the next hand was only 25%.

[/ QUOTE ]

I admit, I didn't completely think through the fact that the shorty would still be all-in for the SB next hand and so his chances of winning two hands in a row are pretty slim. I figured by calling I increase the chance of getting rid of him now as well as taking my best shot at rebuilding my stack a bit for ITM play if I luck out and win the pot.

Remember in order for me to not make the money the placing needs to go Shorty, 2ndStack, Me ... any of the other 5 combinations results in either 3rd place money or a double-up. The raiser likely has a very wide range here, and my hand isn't great but should stand up rather well against a random hand and a loose push.