View Single Post
Old 07-25-2005, 05:29 PM

Default Re: Help with my stats

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
2. I think your ASB may be a tad high for 5/10; if you're effective stealing this often, then good on you for exercising excellent selectivity.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually I'm pretty certain ASB is where it needs to be for the 5/10 game.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldnt say a 39% ASB is way out of line, but Im just comparing it to my own, which is in the low 30s. It may be that mine is too low. But the problem I've found with being too liberal in your ASBs (e.g., autoraising A2o from the CO), is that you tend not to actually be successful in stealing (either preflop, or autobetting the flop). This leads to problems on the big streets like having to decide between firing on 4th street UI, or checking on 4th street, but getting pushed off the hand on the river. For me, the bottom line is that I tend to raise less depending on what cards I have, and more on what I perceive as the BB's likelihood to defend (both preflop and on the flop). Where the blind is loose and passive, I wont raise with less than A9 A8 or a semidecent pair 55+ from the CO; on the other hand, if the BB is tight (TAGish even), I will raise with Q8o and other really trashy hands. I just dont think these situations tend to come up that often, which is why I'd think a good ASB is around 30%. I tend to shy away from situations where I might have a slight edge (e.g., A3o), because I dont think the increased win rate is worth it in terms of increased variance.