View Single Post
Old 01-09-2005, 06:16 PM

Default Re: Results

Well it is hard for me to respond to this. You called my post results oriented because I said that raising was the right play to limit the players in the pot and increase your chances of winning. If, the players should choose to call then it is a value raise. It is likely that at the time, preflop and flop that AK22s is the best hand at the table.

Think about what you just said. You called my comments results oriented and then said I failed to consider that the woman might be holding nut nut in a 3 handed game. Both hands you give her contain the only other two kings left in the deck. Very very unlikely. In fact, The range of hand that she could be holding that are better than his, preflop and flop is ridiculously low. Even if the woman has something decent, he has enough equity 3 handed to raise the pot. If fourbet calling on the flop calling is the best play pending the turn.

I have no problem admitting maybe I am not explaining it all that well. Regardless I think that you fail to consider that raising and 3betting are the right plays. Why do you think that calling is right?

Furthermore, the game makeup (Holdem NL Holdem, 2-7 TD, etc.) that could justify open limping in any game with any number of players is rather rare. In a very loose 8-10 handed O8 game I will open limp with a bad low only hand like A234 or A235 etc only if I know it is going to encourage several people to limp after me, raising has a very low percentage of taking the blinds, and I am only going to get 3bet by a better hand. Now five handed with a kill it is just plain wrong to open limp.

Perhaps Ray Zee will come and write a sentence or two to clear this up.

Cheers