View Single Post
Old 09-03-2005, 01:58 AM

Default Re: So what\'s so great about position?

Let's look at this hand I just posted for a minute.

[ QUOTE ]
It's early on in level 3. I have about 1100 in the BB; there's a 'nothing special' EP limper, the 'nothing special' SB completes and I check Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].

The flop comes K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. The SB leads for 55 into the pot of 90. What's my play?

[/ QUOTE ]

Let's rule out folding and say I call or raise. My range for those two actions is gonna be a LOT of cards - any king, some big tens, a big diamond like this one, pair + draws, small flushes, you name it. If he comes over the top he will put me to a tough decision sometimes, but the times he gets called (my calling range vs. his 3 betting range) he is going to be losing very badly. If he just calls, I will be giving him fits on lots and lots of turns. In fact I would say he's best off folding a weak king to a raise.

Now let's say I am the SB. Do you think my hand is anywhere near as strong at all vs. a good BB, not to mention the limper? If you think it is, what am I going to do vs. a BB call or raise on 3/4 of turns?