View Single Post
Old 09-25-2005, 10:42 AM

Default Re: Question from Gambling Theory & Other Topics

I honestly can't find it - I searched various words and phrases on amazon's nifty "search inside the book" function so I wouldnt have to thumb through the entire printed volume, but I couldn't find anything having to do with croupiers or craps dealers (let alone crap craps dealers [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] *rimshot*)

But yeah, it would have been nice if the guy were at all specific about what he was referring to. I suspect it has something to do with "taking the odds" - that is, in the book Mason talks about how at a crap table you can double or sometimes triple your wager with even money on an original bet with a very low house advantage, which effectively halves or thirds that small advantage that the house has. He mentions that if make this wager and you wager large enough to get comped, the comps will more than cover for the fact that you're taking a very tiny bit the worst of it on every bet. Although that would be more of a pit boss error rather than a croupier error, I guess.