View Single Post
Old 12-02-2005, 01:48 AM

Default Re: Stepping down and admitting defeat

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks for the comments guys. It's reassuring that someone like Mbob is going through the same thing as me.

[ QUOTE ]
yah i agree... from your post it seems like you still have a 20k roll. youre a good player and shouldnt have trouble beating 10/20. i dont know why you are going to 5/10.

[/ QUOTE ]

I appreciate the confidence. I don't have doubt that I could beat 10/20 either. I just need a break from the varience. I'll probably spend a month at 5/10 and when I get some confidence back, I'll go back to 10/20.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am in the same boat too. November was my first losing month this year. I did great in the three months prior, and started 20/40 in late October. I was actually winning, but at a low rate when I decided to step back to 15/30 for a while. There I dropped 90BB, and then moved to 10/20 where I dropped another 60BB or so.

I know this does not sound like a huge downswing, but it was just annoying the way it was happening. No big losses, just lots of small ones (10-30BB each) and only 3-4 winning days out of the last 20.

I'll probably do a month of 5/10 also, and re-evaluate in January. On problem I have is that I'm going to take a big hit around April 15. Once the end of the year comes I need to exclude that chunk from my bankroll and living expense money, so I don't mind being a little conservative at this point.