View Single Post
Old 11-15-2005, 10:19 AM

Default Re: How to analyze a HU session?

Thats not neccasairly being slaughtered HU. Unless u have no clue what u are doing that can happen given enough hands being dominated or outflopped.

Example: Week ago playing this tard HU (my main game is HU or 3-4 handed, 6max at the most...even then I prefer the fewer the better). In 850 hands I won 100bbs, almost busted this guy (6bbs) left, he then went on the most insane heater ever for 200bbs, I then brought him back down to 30bbs before he quit. You could say hey, I got slaughtered over a shortrun of hands, but I didnt (I mean slaughtered in the outplayed sense, all this guy had on me was variance and I knew that. At least he was the type that didnt get full value for his hands). I didnt tilt, loosened up on maybe 5 hands, continued to play wel, and knew given enough hands Id be the winner. Sure the cards sucked hard for an intense string of hands (dominated and outflopped 85 percent of the time while you are also hitting sucks).

Anyway, my point, dont sweat it. Its annoyign sure, but that is HU sometimes, other times it shoots the other way for u. (this of course matters on how comfortable with your game u are. If it has problems it could be another story. But almost any downswing that happens over a short number of cards, most of the loss is due to bad run of hands. Sometimes if u play good the swings wont be so great, but add tilt into it and it can get u spewing even more bets.)

Advice
As far as analyzing, if u know hwat u are doing HU, then go into your session. Hit game notes table. Pop open the replayer, hit the arrow that brings it back to the beginning hand of your session and play them out. While u do that, make notes in the Hand Notes box...will u ever read these again? Who knows, but by typing it out, u are doing more than saying, Hey raise that hand next time...u are putting more effort into it. Dunno, it helped me when I did it. Reviewing hands can be a pretty effective tool, and something ppl should do more often.

PS. I have no idea if this post helps, it seems kind of ranty.