View Single Post
Old 07-23-2005, 11:23 AM

Default Re: MGM.. wild game, big pot, marginal hand

Youre crazy. I dont like anything about how you played the hand. Why are you trying to beat a bunch of drunk crazies w/ deep stacks with a bare pair of 8's. Would it be a crime to just call on the button here? Then were talking about a lot of information you can gain from more bets going in on the flop/turn. Also if the straddler raises, then you can decide whether or not to reraise him.

Whyd you call the flop? The only reason to just call the flop is to see their action on the turn and decide if youre beat. Calling for information if you will...its expensive but not as expensive as Raising for info...Now they show a bunch of action and you still want to call? If so, I think you should have raised the flop...especially because you may not have enough to protect your hand on the turn and even more so if you think you can get them to fold 9x hands. THe last reason to raise the flop is to not play guessing games on the turn when like a J or Q hits.

Nevertheless, thats a pretty good turn card...If you were ahead on the flop, youre probably still ahead...but I think theres a decent chance you were beat preflop...maybe utg has TT...It just depends HOW crazy they are. Also you havent told us your image...how crazy do they think you are because they certainly arent concerned about you in the hand. It certainly is possible though that UGT has AJ and UTG+1 has A7 or 78. Does he make this restraddle type raise w/ anything?

-JP

ps-I love that game...when I was in vegas for a month this summer it was my chief breadwinner.