View Single Post
Old 12-31-2004, 04:11 PM

Default Re: AKo hand, Please Comment

[ QUOTE ]
SlantNGo: What if you're not ahead? What if he takes a free card? I think there's too many variables here to try to trap the field for an extra bet. Just bet out, if you get raised, call down, if you don't, lead the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

This player raises about the right amount PF, and he limps/coldcalls with a lot more than he should. If this is a loose table he'll coldcall with medium strength multiway hands more than he should. I expect to see something like

AQ AJ ATs KQ KJs KTs QTs JJ TT 99 88, even QJs JTs, Axs, maybe even Kxs? I dunno how loose you have to get to reach 25%, but a lot of these hands have J's in them. Some of this you dont wanna see, but a lot of it you do.

[ QUOTE ]
afk: What is the line if we get 3bet when we c/r?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hopefully this doesn't happen, I wont feel good if it does. Then call it down. There'll be 13.2bb in there at that point if bt folds, 15.2 if he's in. At the worst it'll cost you 2 more to win 16.5-18.5, that's 7-8:1. Think you can win 1 one for every 7 or 8 you lose? Plus you might improve on the river, lots of outs to Aces up or a set of A's.

[ QUOTE ]
tiltaholic: ...it seems far more likely that the ace is a scare card for him and he'll check through which is the last thing we want...so I'd bet and call a raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good point, and that's especially true since you raised PF. His flop raise might be a protection raise, to clean up overcard outs. But if he's raising for value he could have tons of J hands or a bunch of PP's. He's reasonably aggressive, if you show weakness I'm not suprised to see him bet holding worse than AK. CO mighta hit his ace too, or maybe if it's checked to him he'll bet his jack. He was expecting 5:1 when he coldcalled 2, he could have tons of hands. He's been calling raises, so he may not let it check thru if he thinks we're both weak.