View Single Post
Old 03-27-2005, 02:15 PM

Default Re: Selective aggression hand I don\'t agree with.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
In this situation, I want to see all 6 players see this flop capped..

[/ QUOTE ]

Anyone behind you willing to go to the turn capped isn't going to fold for 2 bets cold. Not to mention, if it goes 6 ways capped on this board, and this table doesn't have a history of maniacal play, how many outs do you really think you have? Not saying it's not value to have it capped, it certainly is, but not as much as you may be thinking.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you misunderstood. Our equity edge is quite high here, thus the more bets that get put in, the better it is for us. I'm sure you understand this. When easypete says that he wants to see it capped, he's talking only about the equity of the hand. Recognizing that anyone who is there for the cap isn't likely to fold for two bets cold isn't part of the discussion. We don't know if it's going to be capped. We want as many people in the pot as possible, so that when the flush hits we win a big pot. Forcing the field to call two bets cold is not a good way to maximize your expectation with this hand, because it is quite likely that a raise could you leave you heads up (in which case you don't have an equity edge (if you're only counting your flush outs)) or heads up and 3-bet--isolated against a better hand.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Are you trying for an Ace to hit on turn? Sure this is one of your outs, but with 6 seeing flop, you may have kicker issues and you're dreaming a little if you think that A-hi will win when 6 see the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Kicker issues is one prime reason Im mentioning the A high.

[/ QUOTE ]

Right. But what I'm saying is that I'm going to pass up on the chance to win the current pot with A high in order to win a huge pot with the nut flush.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If BB has a K, you don't fear a 3-bet? That's just plain crazy. I don't know many players at 2/4 and above that will lead out and not 3-bet a K on a 2-flushed board. It's SOP for me as well as others

[/ QUOTE ]

I know many, typical players-non 2+2ers, that wouldn't 3 bet this board in this spot. Not if he has a small kicker he isn't. What exactly is he putting you on when you raise? Not a draw. And given the postion, he'd more likely figure a decent sized kicker. Anyone jamming this with Kx is usually blowing money unless they knew for sure you didn't have Kx beat. It looks like a protection raise.

The point is, it's mainly a drawless board other than the flush draw. Yes, I think you can get out a smaller pair by a raise on the flop. Whether it's a PP or small pair from the board. Likely the only folders would be the ones who'd fold to 1 bet anyways. Look at the board, what are they drawing to?

Im looking at the closeness between just calling and raising. I think it's close.

[/ QUOTE ]

See above.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The pot isn't really all that small... I would take it if I could... but this exercise is about maximizing your wins, not trying to win a small pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

The pot isn't all that small, yet you're not trying to win a small pot. Is it small, or isn't it?

b

[/ QUOTE ]

It's small compared to what it could be if we simply call and then hit the flush. We're passing up on winning a relatively small pot in order to win a huge pot.

I'm really glad this article is sparking discussion, however. Keep it comin'.