View Single Post
Old 10-22-2005, 01:58 PM

Default Re: Festa al Lago....Gigabet is weak tight at heart.

This is a situation where Dan's image can be utilized to the absolute max. In this blind confrontation, there's no show of strength at all. Given that you're a self-admitted LAG, of which Dan should be aware after the hands you've shown down, he's got no reason to believe you're not betting air. In a situation like this, whoever shows the most strength is going to be the most likely to take it down, and nobody would believe you've got a strong hand and nobody would doubt that he has something. This is as a result of the images you guys have created for yourselves, and he's taking advantage of it - in my mind, you aren't.

Also there's one consideration that nobody has brought up yet, and that's the incredible benefit of eliminating/crippling an opponent as tough as Dan. That benefit should be obvious if he has the ability to put you to decisions as tough as this (which I don't think is all that tough, but if he tests you like this, it's to your advantage to get rid of him).

Basically I think that in this situation image is going to play a huge role, and Dan capitalized on this 100%.

For all the incredible, ballsy, tough plays you're willing to make...why don't you give yourself a break every once in a while and win some (comparably) easy hands?