View Single Post
Old 12-20-2005, 05:16 PM

Default Re: Multitabling, what software reqd?

I can handle four for . I don't use Poker Tracker or a HUD program. Every time I try to do more than four tables, I start timing out and making too many mistakes, so I'm not as good at it as some.HUD Programs like Game Time and Poker Ace work with Poker Tracker to display opponents stats in the table window. These help you get a read on the opponent. A big monitor, or multiple monitor setup that can display tables without overlap is something a lot of multi-tablers use. I run four tables at 1280x1024 (highest my monitor supports), and while there is some overlap, I find it usable.

Using the "fold" or "check-fold" pre-selection checkboxes will help. This is mostly for obvious pre-flop folds, or occasionally on the flop. For a lot of situations, you won't want to make a decision until you see what your opponets have done (87s on the button, for example) but for the really worthless hands preflop, you know you'r going to fold, or check or fold to a raise in the BB, so use those checkboxes to save time. Also, it helps to click through tables any time you aren't busy (or just watch them iff you have a no-overlap setup).

Mostly, I would suggest that you stick with two tables until you fine that you have some time on your hands, then add one, and repeat until you can't handle any more.