View Single Post
Old 12-24-2005, 04:29 AM

Default Re: Do we limp low PP (22-55) UTG?

[ QUOTE ]

- avoids getting re-raised. I play full tilt and there are a fair amount of people who play with some aggression preflop, and nobody likes getting their 22 reraised the pot OOP.

[/ QUOTE ]

I love it, means if it hit my set I'll definetly get paid off, sort of limping-calling a raise with it, except the pot is bigger (btw: most people suck at reraising pf, they usually raise much smaller than they should)

[ QUOTE ]

- as far as disguising your hand goes, at low limits I really think the limp is +EV. When you raise the pot preflop, you're showing aggression. The c-bet with trips is going to fold out a lot of hands that, say you limped and they were the initial raiser, would have felt obliged to bet into you. I really feel like more action is generated when you limp, as a combination of keeping more people in the pot and letting someone else take the lead.

[/ QUOTE ]

generally, hands that fold because you were the pf raiser would not have paid you off if it was a limped pot

[ QUOTE ]
I really believe that the amount you take from c-bets is near irrelevant-- where i'm looking to make my money with these hands is stacking people.

[/ QUOTE ]

the amount of money made from raising pf and making a continuation bet is probably the most underrated way of making money in ssnl.

[ QUOTE ]
Also, the continuation bet isn't nearly as good a strategy against multiple opponents with these hands in that it is almost a pure bluff-- you're drawing to only two cards vs. most c-bets with overs, etc you're more legitimately drawing to improve your hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's right, but if the table doesn't allow me to play like this I'll change. Since we're talking about defaults here I think in the normal 6max table my raise pf will only be called in one spot, sometimes two, so I'll open raise any pair from any position.

This is a matter of opinion of course, this I how I do it, doesn't mean I think it's the absolute "right thing to do" for everyone.