View Single Post
Old 08-30-2005, 09:29 PM

Default Thanks for the lesson!

Villian has just dropped a buy-in pushing A high into an obviously weak (but more importantly better hand) who in calling station fashion called. Missed Amoeba was the Hero in hand (PT database lost to unfortunate accident) Final point, villian's game has holes. I have no reads and am eyeing the $300 stack and not the button.

That said, I see button raise as essentially any two cards. However, I have a good hand and hit about 3/4 pot on the flop. (I am missing the extra outs the Ax combo has...) I think I have charged the flush draw.

Anyway, I put villian on AK,KJ,Kx, or some crap setting up a resteal if I falter on the turn. I don't see AT here for some reason.

Rag to me on the turn...I hit it for 3/4. Called again - I refine my hand to AK and KT...surely a str8 raises me here?

Club river...surely he has no flush - I bet $15 expecting a fold and
And reraised... I call??? He has KT, KT right. Frankly I can't remember if I took time here or not but I clearly revisited a lesson I got at 10max...respect the flush. Never saw you hit the 3 on the turn.

Having dropped nearly 2 buyins in short order, I lash out with the ever popular "nice chase". When a coherent reply referencing the flush plus str8 draw...the name starts to look familiar. I quickly look at the hand history and see the results. Well played by Hero and paid off by me the villian.

Amoeba...sorry for the table talk after the hand. Wanted to confirm your identity.

Additional hole in game is table selection and playing OOP too strongly.