View Single Post
Old 12-23-2005, 11:57 AM

Default Please help me explain how multi-tabling can be profitable...

I'm am trying the hardest I can to explain to one of my best friends how multi-tabling is SO much better than playing just one table.

First, he says you won't have the focus or ability to read. But, I get him to at least admit that if he's good enough to run over one table, he could do four. We're thinking positive here...but, even then, he says, "No, even if I could do it, I wouldn't because...and this is the kicker...

"You have 4 times the amount to lose, and you're 1 player against like 40 people."

Of course, I say, "No, you're 1 player against 8, 4 times." Then we go through all these freaking analogies, and so on, and he still doesn't get it. I tell him that you are pretty much just playing to make +EV moves all the time, and it isn't like a tournament where you have to consider the blinds escalating, and so on.

He says, if I know you're the mathmatician out there 4 tabling, I can beat you any day of the week. I tell him, you're probably not getting into the hand with the math guy where you're going to make much off him...he's either going to raise you with something, or fold to you with nothing.

Then, I tell him that 4 tables is really nothing. I've seen Gank 20 table before, and he goes nuts. Seriously. He actually gets red in the face and says, "THERE IS NO WAY SOMEONE MAKES MONEY AT 20 TABLING UNLESS THEY KNOW WHAT THE CARDS ARE. NO WAY. YOU CAN'T EVER CONVINCE ME THAT SOMEONE COULD DO THAT PROFITABLY."

So, I really am at a loss on how to describe to this guy how multi-tabling is more profitable, and I think it's important to be able to. If I can't accurately explain why, then there's something wrong.

Can someone help? Remember, this guy has many, many retorts, so keep that in mind, and believe me when I tell you I HIGHLY appreciate any help that you give me with this because it's irking me to no end.