View Single Post
Old 09-06-2003, 05:15 PM

Default Re: 15-30 Hand To Discuss (Long)

hi any
you can raise pre-flop here, but what for? the ev is about the same. sure you can represent something stronger on the flop, but will you want to? you need to flop so calling is the ev thing to do here.

the big issue any is the thinking on the flop. you have to realize that if it were one bet to you and you knew that raising would knock out everyone except the bettor, you should still raise even if you also thought that you might get reraised. if i'm reading you right here, you would fold if your only option was raising under those conditions. but you should raise even if it means that calling will allow many in and raising will get you heads up against a possible reraiser. why? because raising gives your ace the best possibility of standing up if you make a pair by the river; in this case you'd love to raise since it would give you two pair. and that's right; even if you didn't have a small pair to go along with your draw, you should still raise to give your ace the best possible chance. if everyone or a few call and you fail to get heads up, you have a nut draw so you don't mind that either. you've got a powerful holding any, and you should max it on the flop. also, your so strong, you want to tie your opponents to the flop.

the river is fine. oh wait a minute.....i'm just noticing that you didn't have a draw on the flop. you picked it up on the turn. bet and if it were one bet to you, call. on the flop you like the multi-way. i'm going to leave the thread as is though for those times you have an A high flush draw and are indecisive about raising because you are worried that you'll scare out. don't worry about it. raise for the reasons listed.