Thread: HU hand
View Single Post
Old 08-20-2005, 11:22 AM

Default Re: HU hand

Preflop there are those that would just push. I can't fold T5s HU. I think the call is at least questionable if not an outright bad play. I really would like to see a 1200 bet here. You are giving him an opportunity to fold, and not giving him pot odds to take a run with mediocre hands.

The flop gives you an OESD, so now you can't fold. You either push or wait. I actually prefer wait, here. Check/call the flop, with the intention of check/raising the turn especially if you hit the straight, or a really useless card hits on the turn. If he pushes, fine. You have the oesd to justify a call. The minraise is just bleeding your stack, and giving him pot odds to call with just about anything, and raise with anything decent. Translation: your minraise stinks!

That would leave you with about a 2400 stack at the turn. When the A hits, PUSH. He simply cannot call with an A on the board unless he either has an A or has hit a set or 2p. But 75% of the time you win the pot right there. Again, if he calls, you still have 8 outs to hit the straight on the river.

Not nearly aggressive enough for HU. Go back and review your bets. They make a pretty good definition of weak/tight.

Doc