View Single Post
Old 08-18-2005, 11:09 AM

Default Re: To Christians (not an attack, but an honest query)

Let me take it point by point:

COOKER-
"I find the demand of faith without proof unreasonable and unjust. It is unreasonable in the sense that if God is all powerful he could easily supply proof to each person, so to deny us tangible proof of his existence is silly."

There is plenty of reasonable proof out there if you just know where to look, and more of it is being uncovered all the time. In fact, in 1 Thessalonians 5 we are told to "test everything". We are not instructed to believe on "blind faith" alone.

Great sources if you are interested are THE CASE FOR CHRIST by Lee Strobel, MERE CHRISTIANITY by C.S. Lewis, or the following websites: www.godandscience.org , and www.rationalchristianity.net .

COOKER-
"Secondly, anyone that experiences "miracles" first hand or other supernatural phenomena are given the proof which makes it easier to believe. Therefore, to judge us on faith when some have a decided advantage is unjust."

The miracles in the Bible were performed as catalysts for faith, but they were performed before the complete Bible was put together. Biblical miracles all occurred in front of an audience, and we have records of those miracles upon which we base our faith.

COOKER-
"I also feel that the God character in the bible is too unsophisticated to be believable."

It's funny you say that because many opponents to Christianity say the opposite; that God is too contradictory. (Is He a God of war or a God of peace?, etc.)

I hope this helps.