View Single Post
Old 11-30-2005, 02:53 PM

Default Re: One year ago today, I...

One Year Ago

<ul type="square">[*]Had never played a hand of poker[*]Got hooked on WPT and WSOP TV coverage and decided I would like to try it out[/list]
Since then

<ul type="square">[*]Purchased HoH1 early in January (it was the first book I came across when I went looking)[*]Found 2+2 from the back cover of HoH[*]Deposited $400 on Stars, started single-tabling the $5.50's, and have since worked my bankroll up to be sufficient for the $55's[*]In April, earned my way through the Act satellites at Foxwoods (for $60) and won a $5,000 seat for the NEPC main event[*]Got to play the final table of the Act III satellite with fossilman and moved all in on his BB from the SB with A,4. He thought for a long time and called with.... A,4. (We split that pot and eventually both won tickets for the ME)[*]Met a bunch of 2+2's at the Western MA forum tournaments[*]Have become friendly with many others via the Stars Trout events[*]Recently purchased a 2001fp and started 4-tabling (back at the $11s for this)[*]Finally made an online MTT final table after bubbling out the first 3 times I got close to one[/list]
Plans for 2006 <ul type="square">[*]Keep learning and having fun[*]Host a 2+2 tournament at my house next summer[/list]