View Single Post
Old 01-22-2004, 02:50 AM

Default Don’t wanna tango with you, I’d rather tangle with him.

I think I’m gonna bash his head in.

I thought this was an interesting hand. The sub-game was I know you know, but do you know I know you know?

I’m on the button with 5s5c in a seven handed game. The small blind is an excellent player, who has helped my game a great deal, and as a result knows my play very well. The big blind is quite fishy.

The big blind is going to call any raise here, guaranteed. The small blind knows I could very well raise any hand here that is likely to be ahead of two random hands, and will therefore play back at me with a raise or call with a variety of hands. I limp. Do you see why? (Sorry, couldn’t resist). As soon as I do this I realize the small blind is going to narrow down my hands to a small sub-set, and determine I am going to play the flop tough if any rags flop. The small blind now raises, and the big blind calls. I consider raising again, but just call, and keep my plan.

The flop comes down Jc 5h 2d rainbow. Wow, I never accounted for flopping a set, just representing one. The small blind comes out betting, the big blind raises, and now I am at a decision. If I raise, the small blind is going to put me on a set, but if I call, he is likely to fold anyhow. I decide to go after the fish, and raise, the small blind folds, the big blind four-bets(the cap is out the window). I five-bet and he calls.

The turn and river go over-card, check, bet, call, over-card, check bet, call.

Comments on all streets appreciated.

-Huh