Thread: AJs in the BB
View Single Post
Old 08-30-2004, 03:47 PM

Default AJs in the BB

No real reads yet. Table is unusually tight-aggressive for Party 1/2 (2-3 players per flop, relatively small pots, most hands don't go to showdown). The PF raiser struck me as the 'book' type who would usually only raise with AT, a pocket pair, or better.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (7 handed) (converter)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, <font color="CC3333">CO raises</font>, Button calls, SB folds, Hero calls.

Flop: (6.50 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">CO bets</font>, Button folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (4.25 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (6.25 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 7.25 BB

I figured I had good odds with the overcards and backdoor flush draw. I put the raiser on a pocket pair. Should I have tried to bluff at the river? The third club is a bit of a scare card.