View Single Post
Old 11-14-2005, 04:52 PM

Default Re: What\'s up with Swedish/Norweigen players???

Ok, here is the word from a swedish.

Why are we so good? It's in our nature. We have always been one of the tops in whatever we do. As for poker, thats not an exception. Soon enough, one of us will take down a big tournament that isn't online. For Norwegian players... I have no idea... Nah...

From my point of view this could simply be that the tournaments are held in perfect times for us, from 8 in the evening and forward which means really few distractions if any at all. No phone calls, no door bell going off, nothing... at all. I think that really helps out alot of players, I am one of them that plays alot better when I focus 100% and dont have any distactions in my poker room.

The interest here in Sweden have really exploded too lately because of a massive tv interest with WSOP, Nordic Bet 24 Poker and Pokermiljonen showing weekly on TV and alot of ads on TV makes people go online and since the tournaments are on such suitable times, I ain't surprised to see alot of us do good in these.

About the tax thingys, yes they are at around 30% and even more for some off us and Poker ain't taxable here so thats a big plus.

The awesome chicks is the only problem that keeps me from winning the ME tho.