View Single Post
Old 12-20-2005, 11:27 PM

Default Re: Embarrassing Bellagio trip report ($10-$20 NL) 5 hands to discuss

Nice Post.

A problem with the A 9 and A K hands is that they are hands that you normally don't want to play huge pots with.

With the A 9 hand, you want to keep the pot small. So just call on the flop. Also, his raise change from 60 to 80 you mentioned was very important. It turned out that he upped his raise because he had a premium hand. Anyways, by just calling, you keep the pot small with the A 9. Then you can evaluate on the next card what to do. I would maybe call another bet on the turn if it wasn't too big, but if he checks, I'd check behind. If he bets all 3 streets (not likely without you beat), I would fold to a big river bet. After you raised and were reraised, I think that you made a good fold. A 9 is not a hand to get a lot of chips in with normally.

After he has shown you the Kings as a bluff, he's probably a lot less likely to be making any big bluffs vs. you. for the rest of the night if he's a very good player. He might bluff small, but not likely with a lot of chips, becuase he expects you to call after he showed you a bluff.

As for the Ace King hand, it doesn't normally play well for a lot of chips if you only flop a pair with it (unless you are against someone who plays bad). I would have probably put him on a four in that hand and folded to the reraise. One pair isn't normally a hand to get your stack in with deepstacked in no limit against a good player.