Thread: New to the Game
View Single Post
Old 12-21-2002, 07:45 PM

Default Re: New to the Game

Okay, I guess I'll start thinking of straights as less. What about the following hand I participated in last night and lost quite a bit to:

I won't detail the entire hand for you, but I was dealt 3 to a flush (Ace high), another guy was showing an Ace of clubs, third guy showing a K. This was 5 handed, 1 other guy in (forget what he hand, irrelevant anyway). after the 5th card, I have 4 to a flush now pretty many still active, the guy with the A clubs has another A, guy showing a K bets into us, Aces calls, I call, I figure he has trips since he bets into AA. 6th card gets checked through. Aces bets, I raise, Ks re-raises, As calls, I re-raise to cap it. Turns out the K guy had 3 hole cards to make a boat (his board was very un-intimidating), the other guy also had an Ace high flush (I thought he might, but I had a jack kicker so I thought I'd be good, he had a jack kicker as well and his 3rd was higher than mine). Should I not have re-raised? The guy that had the boat had been playing really poorly IMO so I thought he'd have trips at best, but obviously I was wrong as he made his boat on the 7th (although I can't really complain since I made my flush on the 7th as well).

Oh yeah, I forgot to add, I did get a King as well on 6th, so at that point I thought he might just be going on 2 pair (which he in fact was until the 7th)