View Single Post
Old 11-24-2005, 06:42 PM

Default Some 50/100 hands. mostly boring

Alright, one check up, one getting trapped, and one curious hand.

First one, i limp AKo UTG for the limpreraise. I miss. 4 way, blinds and MP. Flop: TT6 two tone giving me a backdoor draw. BB bets he is 18/10, and goes to showdown 35. All full stats. I call. Everyone folds. Turn is a low suited giving me a flush draw. He bets, i raise, he 3 bets, i call. River: As. He bets, i raise, he 3 bets, i fold.

<font color="blue"> Thoughts. The limpreraise ok whatever, the game seemed right for it. Flop call i think is fine given chance of being ahead + hitting + taking the pot on the turn. Turn, it's somewhat unlikely that trips lead out on the flop and he def could be still be betting just a six that he will fold to the raise, seems like my semi bluff has good folding equity. Turn call once he 3 bets, i think i'm getting about 8:1, on what could be drawing dead to 66 T6, Axs or drawing to 8 outs vs the flush, seems like calling is a mistake. River, i could either call right away, raise and call/fold to the 3 bet. This seems really close, but it seems like i will not be winning more than 50% when called on my raise. </font>

2nd one, CO open limps, he's 26/10. I raise QJo in the BB. He calls. Flop: AK2. I bet he raises. I call. Turn: 2. I check, he bets, i checkraise, he 3 bets, i fold.

<font color="blue"> This is my curious one, none of his hands seem to match up very well, his flop raise is strange since most aces that limp preflop should not be raising the flop nor should any kings. So he either 1. open limped a big ace 2. raised a small ace on the flop 3. raised a medium king on the flop 4. got fruity on the flop with QJ QT TJ or a low pocket pair. If they were all equal in chance i am fine to c/r, i can't decide which is most likely though. After he 3 bets, limping a big ace becomes more likely. I think i am getting 9:1, so 11:1 if i had perfect implied odds, but i think there is a chance that he may have open limped AK AA in what should be a very small hand range. </font>

3rd one, Folded to my SB, i raise A8, call. Flop: QJ2, i bet he calls. It's so strange getting called here. Turn: 3. I bet. He callls. Even stranger getting called here. River: 8. I bet.

<font color="blue"> River seems an obvious value bet because of the hands that will check behind. But the turn confuses me since it seems like every single time he is raising or folding here which seems i should be checkcalling </font>

Thoughts?